- Clan MacLellan members have concentrated on genealogy by the collection of family histories in order to present the records of our heritage. Materials collected reside at the Odom Library, Moultree, GA.
- All members are asked to contribute MacLellan genealogy information to our genealogy database. Genealogy Archivist, Dr. Kathy McClelland, maintains the database. Information is coded into a Family File and assigned a reference number. As she enters data, Dr. McClelland searchs for family connections and notifies members if one is identified.
- Because so many members have gone to great expense in researching their genealogy, and because we respect the privacy of our members, Clan MacLellan does not make the entire database available to the public.
- Instead, Members are urged to submit a
should they wish to know if the database contains information on a specific person, a specific family, or the status of their own family records.
- Non-members may request a before joining the Clan if they wish to know whether the database contains information on their ancestors.